WHY SHOULD I UPDATE MY HEADSHOTS?
Headshots are one of the most underestimated types of photos - whether you’re applying for a job or trying to impress others on a new dating app, headshots give people an idea of your personality before they meet you!
Wear makeup that you feel comfortable and feel natural in. Think: How do you usually look? Would your makeup in your headshot accurately reflect who you are as a person?
- Avoid sun exposure prior to your headshot session.
- Try not to wear too much powder to your session - it may show up in your photos and maybe almost impossible to retouch!
- If you don’t often wear makeup, try not to overdo it! If you don’t have much experience when it comes to makeup, you might not feel confident in the makeup on your face.
Clothing is one of the most important parts of a headshot. While headshots are primarily of the face, often times you still see the clothing which is worn during shots.
- Avoid wearing busy clothes and jewelry
- Dress comfortably
- Feel free to bring an extra jacket/cardigan to switch up the photos
- Bring a lint roller or safety pins if needed - always a good idea to get rid of the lint off your shirt/jacket before the shot, and to pin anything in place.
- Make sure your clothing allows you to sit - often times we don’t realize how clothing may look when we sit down, and sometimes it looks bunched up
- A general rule: neutral solids are better and photograph nicer than patterns
- If you have darker hair, try to opt for a lighter colored top so your hair doesn’t blend in. If you have lighter hair, go for a darker top.
outdoor locations for headshots
I love shooting outdoors, and I believe that not everyone is drawn to the studio backdrops and fancy lighting setup for their headshots. I love to capture a fun, modern, and casual approach to headshots and make sure my clients look their absolute best! Some of my favorite locations are Princeton University and Sayen Gardens. Both locations offer a variety of backgrounds and areas to choose from, which are way they are my favorite places to shoot at!
I currently offer two different packages for my photography services. Depending on the number of images you think you may need will reflect which package works best for you! You can view my package information here: https://www.jennakphotos.com/services/
Looking for a photographer to capture your headshots with a casual and modern approach? Look no further - I make sure headshot sessions are tons of fun! We chat, and of course, I take your headshots! I want to make sure YOU look your absolute best and I promise to deliver quality images for your headshot needs.
If you are interested in scheduling a headshot session, please reach out to me - I would love to chat and hopefully arrange something! You can reach out to me via email at email@example.com, or through the contact form on my website!
take a peek at some shots from Katie's headshot session
I am loving these shots from Katie's headshot session. For her session, we met at Princeton University and got a variety of backgrounds, shots, and different variations of photos by switching glasses and cardigans! Check out my favorites below.