Preparing for a photo session can be both exciting and overwhelming. Whether you're planning a family session, a maternity shoot, or a headshot session, there are always details to consider before the big day. One important factor that you can address in advance is preparing what to bring to your session. As a professional photographer, I’m here to share the tips and tricks I’ve picked up over the last few years to help you feel prepared and stress less.
First, let's talk about some must-haves to bring to your session:
- Bring snacks and water, especially for outdoor sessions. A small snack can help keep energy levels up and prevent anyone from feeling hangry.
- A blanket is also a great item to bring, not only for outdoor sessions but also for sitting photos; it adds a pop of color and is more comfortable than sitting on the ground.
- If you’ve got younger children, wet wipes are essential and an extra outfit is always a good idea. Wipes come in handy for cleaning ALL. THE. THINGS. (read: messy faces, wiping dirt away, and refreshing makeup). And if a wipe can’t fix it, that back-up outfit will be your hero.
- Don't forget to bring your child’s favorite toy(s) or comfort items; these can help them feel more relaxed more quickly during the session. [For what it’s worth, I’ve witnessed some great success with both toys and snacks serving as bribes. Don’t worry - I make no judgments on parenting techniques LOL]
- Last but not least, if you're bringing a furry friend, be sure to bring some treats for them, too!
Now that we've covered some must-haves, let's talk about some additional tips to make your session run smoothly:
- It's always a good idea to arrive early, especially if you're unfamiliar with the location or have booked a mini session. This will give you some extra time to get settled and ensure that you're not feeling rushed or stressed.
- If you're unsure about what to wear, I'm happy to provide style support and recommendations ahead of our session. This can help you feel confident and comfortable in front of the camera.
- Additionally, it's important to communicate any specific poses or shots that you have in mind. This will help us work together to create images that you love.
Last but not least, I’m providing this list for you in hopes that it will allow you to stress less. When it comes to the details of our session, know that I will guide you through the process. The most important thing is to relax, have fun, and enjoy the experience! I can't wait to work with you and create beautiful memories together :)
Ready to get booked?
Send a message to me through the contact button below or send me an email to email@example.com.